The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Wybron CXI-IT Gelstring Error

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Jadelight, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Jadelight

Jadelight Member

Hey All,

Has anyone had a "Gelstring 2 Broken" Error on a CXI-IT when the gel string is in fact NOT broken? I've opened it up, run the rollers, checked connections, blown it out for dust and everything shy of restringing it and nothing clears the error, but nothing seems wrong either. The scroller lives on a rep unit that doesn't see much, if any, refocus and the error just seemed to come from nowhere. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occurring and how I can get it back up and running? My efforts and research have been fruitless.

2. kicknargel

kicknargel Well-Known Member

Is this the type with a sensor and a little sticker on the beginning and end of the string? Often those sensors need cleaning, and the stickers can get worn.

3. Keny Whitright

Keny Whitright Member

The CXI IT uses a sensor on the drive roller (the optical encoder) and a sensor on the spring roller (hall effect/magnetic) to keep track of a broken gel string. The operation of the sensors could be your problem. Also the sensor inputs on the circuit board could be the problem. If you are not comfortable doing electronic service, we have a list of service depots that can help you on the website: http://www.wybron-scroller-parts.com/. We also can supply the parts you need to get the unit going again.