wysiwyg Pipe Tape Printer???

the pipe tape printer prints out a thin piece of paper which resembles one of your pipes in your design. you can print info such as insturmant, dimmer, channel, colour, and other things for each insturment on the pipe. you then take the paper into the theatre, tape it along the pipe, and it gives you an exact place to hang the insturments.

So all that effort and then you still have to tape it to the pipe? What happened to white
tape and a sharpie?

When they make a printer that you can run a pipe through that will be something!

Mayhem said:
So all that effort and then you still have to tape it to the pipe? What happened to white
tape and a sharpie?

When they make a printer that you can run a pipe through that will be something!

I'm sure that you could print it onto a continuous label and then at least you would not have to tape it on.

If they were going to make a pipe printer, it would be much more functional if you hung it on the pipe and it moved itself along until it hit an obstacle (like the rigging point), But seriously, I doubt it will happen. There might be a problem with black ink on black pipe now mightn't there?

Hey just to clarify, it prints a long piece of receipt paper that you tape to the pipe.

so for example if your pipe is 15' long the pipe tape would be 15' long with marks on the tape that show where to hang the fixture. This eliminates needing to messure out the hanging points and wasteing white gaff.

You need to buy there particular one because a regular receipt printer will not work belive me i tried. but it is a great tool, but rather expensive.

JH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back