X32 firmware update.

So in fact you do, then, Tim?

I do... uh.. is there a ring involved?

I think I tried 3.04 to 4.0 and it didn't work. Updated to 3.12 and didn't wait to try the desk and went to 4.01. Failed. Loaded 3.11 and it was successful, loaded 4.01 and was successful. After all that I read a report from another user who'd updated to 3.12 with similar results when trying 4.01.

Behringer may have fixed whatever caused the the update to fail if coming in from too low, or too high.

The improvements and changes are worthwhile. However, making a change from 2.xx to 4.xx you may have issues when you use stored scenes, snippets, and libraries that were created in version 2.xx. At the very least, backup all of those things that you want to save to a USB drive, because they will be erased.

This is why you should keep up with updates. Generally, sequential updates won't break things, but jumping over a major version change, like version 3.xx, might. This is true for most digital devices, not just the X32.

If you want to PM your email address to me, I still have a copy of version 3.11 that I can send you. That way, you could go from 2 to 3, and 3 to 4, which should avoid problems.

One other thing. When you update, you will need to update the software on any device you connect to the console, like PCs, iPads, etc.
stepwise like FMeng sez is truly wise, even tho it will take more of your time initially ... it will probably save time in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back