X32Rack rentals?

Jay Ashworth

We're doing In The Heights the end of next month, and the vagaries of my facility are such that I need to do an on-stage premix of (at least parts of) the band.

My optimal solution would be to rent an X32 Rack with Dante cards, and haul that back up to my LS9-32 (shut up :)) through building ethernet. I could then fly it with Mixing Station on my Samsung Note 10.

Anyone know if/where I can rent an X32 by the week? Either commercially, or if anyone in West Central FL has one and wants to rent it to me, that's fine too. I could live without the dante, since having the submixer will open enough analog runs for me to haul that back upstairs...

[ Pursuant to my boss approving the expenditure, my radius for what's reasonable will expand daily until it collides with my production calendar. :) ]

Last edited:
I wish I were in FL, Jay. I have my X32 Rack here in my video insert studio (which means it's doing nothing right now).

Too bad you aren't closer to ATL. I have a Compact sitting here in a flight case - no Dante card though.

I'll take a look, thanks.

My boss just reminded me that we have a 'backup' LS9-32 in storage we've never used, so I may end up (having to) use that instead -- I can control it with our iPad app. I wonder if you can run 2 separate copies of that app on the same LAN to control 2 separate desks...

[ ETA: At least ShareGrid listed a price. Not doing so is a hard downcheck for me, these days. It's artificial scarcity, and I don't encourage that. ]

I'll take a look, thanks.

My boss just reminded me that we have a 'backup' LS9-32 in storage we've never used, so I may end up (having to) use that instead -- I can control it with our iPad app. I wonder if you can run 2 separate copies of that app on the same LAN to control 2 separate desks...

[ ETA: At least ShareGrid listed a price. Not doing so is a hard downcheck for me, these days. It's artificial scarcity, and I don't encourage that. ]

You "should" be able to operate an instance of the app per device per console IP...

We're doing In The Heights the end of next month, and the vagaries of my facility are such that I need to do an on-stage premix of (at least parts of) the band.

My optimal solution would be to rent an X32 Rack with Dante cards, and haul that back up to my LS9-32 (shut up :)) through building ethernet. I could then fly it with Mixing Station on my Samsung Note 10.

Anyone know if/where I can rent an X32 by the week? Either commercially, or if anyone in West Central FL has one and wants to rent it to me, that's fine too. I could live without the dante, since having the submixer will open enough analog runs for me to haul that back upstairs...

[ Pursuant to my boss approving the expenditure, my radius for what's reasonable will expand daily until it collides with my production calendar. :) ]
Another option is an M32c with dante card and a stagebox. Mine lives in a tiny easily-shippable 3U rack sleeve in a pelican and I use it often for exactly what you are doing.
-Just to give you more options for your gear rental search if pickings get slim.
(Mine is on a 2 week run of Legally Blond or you would be welcome to it)
In theory, any X/M 32 product could be used for this and unfortunately a full-size x32 console may be the easiest to find quickly but that could be awkward if pit space is limited (or well intentioned musicians adjusting the faders because they are sitting there unattended)

Another option is an M32c with dante card and a stagebox. Mine lives in a tiny easily-shippable 3U rack sleeve in a pelican and I use it often for exactly what you are doing.
-Just to give you more options for your gear rental search if pickings get slim.
(Mine is on a 2 week run of Legally Blond or you would be welcome to it)
In theory, any X/M 32 product could be used for this and unfortunately a full-size x32 console may be the easiest to find quickly but that could be awkward if pit space is limited (or well intentioned musicians adjusting the faders because they are sitting there unattended)
Gotcha, and thanks. As I note in a separate thread, we're going to use our house backup LS9, and none of the faders will be on the critical path, so they can move anything they like. :)

As a side note to the rentals. This is a great resource jumping off point for a lot in our industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back