XLR Connector for Telex BP-1000

Emutt

Hi all!

I've need to replace a 3pin female XLR chassis mount on one of my BP-1000 packs. I've scoured the internet, but can't seem to actually find a compatible part. The only markings are "SWISS MADE" and the pin #'s. I've looked at Neutrik, Switchcraft, Amphenol, and scrolled through 20 pages of connectors on mouser, but haven't found anything that's this shape.

Here's a couple pics. Anyone recognize the style/manufacturer?

Many thanks!

A

Attachments

• IMG_8014.JPG
    IMG_8014.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8013.JPG
    IMG_8013.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 118
Yup; just looking at it I could tell you that the insert was a custom, using the frame of the pack as the shell for both adjacent connectors.

The tradeoffs here are obvious. :)

Quick update: Spoke with parts department at Bosch/RTS, and that part hasn't been made in over a decade. Apparently they realized the problems with using bespoke parts, and the newer packs in that line use off the shelf connectors.

2 ideas

1 solder in a pigtail with strain relief (1/2" conduit clamp?) and use it at a fixed loc like SM desk, lighting, etc.

2. Chop it out, cover the hole, use a gender-bender if needed, and call that one an end of line beltpack
It feels like it's been a couple decades since I serviced those, ("feels" but may have been slightly more recent) but IIRC, there's no electronics between the in and out connectors so an XLR Y-cable adaptor can make that "end-of-the-line" pack into an inline again.
But creativity with a dremel on the beltpack as well as the connector can actually fit a stock Neutrik panel-mount in that space. (the things you have to do sometimes in negative-budget community theater and a pile of donated "dead" stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back