Yamaha 124C Upgrade

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So recently I have been having issues with my Group 1+2 being heard through my stereo ports even with the stereo button not engaged. I have been toying with the idea of upgrading to something similar but sound and sound consoles really isn't my thing not to say I couldn't learn by cracking open the manual.

Needs :

8 Mics
Gain + Compression a plus
2 Stereo Outs
2 Groups on all outs

Would like 1 Master instead of 2 which I have been seeing alot on new consoles.
anything else to enhance a basic audio setup is just icing on the cake after that

This is a picture of my current console
proxy.php

This powers
4 amps with nothing inbetween like I said very basic.

Budget:

I would say something reasonable I don't need top of the line but I don't want crap either mid range will do. Looking around they go for 300$ to 5k so I cant really say for sure.

Do you need hard fader surfaces? Or would you be happier running your sound board using an iPad or iPhone?

For iDevice operated boards, look at the Mackie, Allen Heath and Behringer products. They are all digital and have tons of dynamics built in.

Behringer and AH also have versions of these boards with hard fader surfaces.

Might I suggest a road trip to Madison? Full Compass has a show room and very informed staff, much better than your local Banjo's-R-us.
For the money it would be hard to beat the Behringer X Air or the Soundcraft Ui series.

I need hard faders. I run lights sound video and some other things I don't want to rely on a touchscreen as I can't feel the fader and I do a lot by touch as I'm not really looking at what I'm touching half the time.

I wish I had the time to run up there we are in full swing. I might have to take one of my days off and go would be the only way I would get a chance to see a demo.

image.jpeg

This is the full setup. Would also like it to fit the space ideally.

That actually looks pretty close to exactly what I have. Any idea what it sounds like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back