Yamaha Dante silly question

Jay Ashworth

First show in a new house, still being finished, is in a couple months. It's a musical, and the 24-handle TF3 they've specced isn't going to be up to the task, so the boss is bringing in the spare LS9-32 from his old house, where I still work.

No copper in the new house; just Dante to a pair of Tio1608's. It's my understanding that the Tio's have Magical Yamaha Protocol to control things like the headamp gains. Anybody think there's any chance I'll be able to control that from the LS9? Or will I need to rig up R-Remote on a computer to do it?

I'd told him they needed to get a 32-handle desk, like maybe an SQ-7, but he got hired (foolishly) too late in the cycle, and it doesn't seem fixable <sigh>.

Yeah, Yamaha has a whole guide on their website that just boils down to once you put the card in the console and select it as the word clock master, you need to change the Head Amp mode on the card using Dante Controller which will pass the correct information off to the console.

Yeah, Yamaha has a whole guide on their website that just boils down to once you put the card in the console and select it as the word clock master, you need to change the Head Amp mode on the card using Dante Controller which will pass the correct information off to the console.
Got it, I think. Cards are already in there, both our LS9's came with both cards. I will probably be running the Controller that's on my Windows laptop, and hence new enough to have that knob; the copy on our old Mac Pro is 3.x, and probably does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back