The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Yo From Philly Yo!

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by elvisbus, Mar 27, 2009.

1. elvisbus

elvisbus Member

Hi all! I'm Paul Myers from Philadelphia. Lighting designer and stage hand for Local 8. I also freelance and own a small rig that is suitable for a podium gig or a party. I worked for 18 years for Electric Factory now Live Nation, and I spent years doing lighting for tours of all types. It was lots of fun and I got to work with the best and brightest<pun intended>.
    These days I'm doing corporate stuff, an instalation now and then and always looking for new clients and ideas. This site seemed like a great place to discover both.
    I would like to share a link I found where Chris Kuroda is interviewed. I got an opportunity to work with him and hang out while he did his thing. I admire his work and I think he's the one LD that asks for the world and gets it. He's that good.
    YouTube - Interview with Chris Kuroda, Lighting Designer for Phish - Part One

I look forward to new friends. Have a great spring everyone.

Paul

2. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stageline Operator/Staging Supervisor
    Hi Paul, and welcome to Controlbooth.

3. cdub260

cdub260 CBMod CB Mods

Welcome aboard elvisbus.

I've got a couple of friends from Philly and another who moved out there a couple years back.

Have fun in the forums.