Your EDC

DCATTechie

What's in your EDC (every-day-carry)(whose term is this, it is NOT mine!)?
Pictures are welcome and encouraged!

Mine consists of:
1 roll of black gaff
1x Altman Lighting Wrench
1x Ratchet Lighting Wrench
1x Mini-MagLite
1x Hawking Wi-Fi Locater
1x Philips Headphones
1x Sony In-Ear headphones
1x 1/4 to 1/8 adapter
1x Jeep Multi-tool with various bits
1x Palm Centro Cell Phone
1x Palm Centro Case and belt clip
1x Sony Vaio laptop w/ case and charger.
1x HP photosmart digital camera
Various writing utensils and paper
proxy.php

Is there anything I'm missing?

What's in your EDC (every-day-carry)(whose term is this, it is NOT mine!)?
Pictures are welcome and encouraged!

Mine consists of:
1 roll of black gaff
1x Altman Lighting Wrench
1x Ratchet Lighting Wrench
1x Mini-MagLite
1x Hawking Wi-Fi Locater
1x Philips Headphones
1x Sony In-Ear headphones
1x 1/4 to 1/8 adapter
1x Jeep Multi-tool with various bits
1x Palm Centro Cell Phone
1x Palm Centro Case and belt clip
1x Sony Vaio laptop w/ case and charger.
1x HP photosmart digital camera
Various writing utensils and paper
proxy.php

Is there anything I'm missing?

EDC:
I don't count clothing, but I always wear it.

Additionally, I carry my wallet, cellphone, watch, multitool and knife. Sometimes my flashlight makes a brief stint.

While you have both the Altman wrench and Lightspeed wrench, I would still suggest a 6" wide-jaw, or an 8" Adjustable wrench. Infinitely more useful than the other two, although they do have their place. Tell me you don't EDC (gafftapegreenia [it's his term]--can it be a verb also?) your own roll of black gaffer's tape!?

My minimum EDC list: (as a professional stagehand, in no particular order)
Gerber Multi-Tool & sheath
6" Wide-Jaw Cooper Tools/Crescent wrench
Volt-Tick
LED MiniMag flashlight & sheath (or several:))
roll of black E-tape
roll of white E-tape
Sharpie, Pen, Notepad

See this thread for what else is in my work box/bag.

While you have both the Altman wrench and Lightspeed wrench, I would still suggest a 6" wide-jaw, or an 8" Adjustable wrench. Infinitely more useful than the other two, although they do have their place. Tell me you don't EDC (gafftapegreenia [it's his term]--can it be a verb also?) your own roll of black gaffer's tape!?

My minimum EDC list: (as a professional stagehand, in no particular order)
Gerber Multi-Tool & sheath
6" Wide-Jaw Cooper Tools/Crescent wrench
Volt-Tick
LED MiniMag flashlight & sheath (or several:))
roll of black E-tape
roll of white E-tape
Sharpie, Pen, Notepad

See this thread for what else is in my work box/bag.

Sure, why can't EDC be a verb??? It's colloquialism...

Me:

Leatherman Wave
LED MiniMag Flashlight
Pen, Dual-tip sharpie (Fine and Ultra-Fine,) Paper
9/16 Socket Wrench (my lights don't have c-clamps so a socket wrench works better)

Near me but not necessarily on my person: Gaff Tape of whatever color, is available (usually black or tan,) 6" cresent wrench, and E-Tape, whatever is available, usually black, sometimes green or red. Also, I usually carry an extra copy of my light plot in my pocket when doing set up.

Edit:
Upon futher revision of the term EDC, mine is:

Wallet
Keys
Cell Phone
Pens
Leatherman Wave

On School days add:
Backpack or Laptop Case or Both

Last edited:
Some -cough-derek are misunderstanding the term EDC, which stands for Every Day Carry. Which is to say, what to you have with you anytime you step outside the house. That is not the same as anytime you step inside a theater/venue.

Some -cough-derek are misunderstanding the term EDC, which stands for Every Day Carry. Which is to say, what to you have with you anytime you step outside the house. That is not the same as anytime you step inside a theater/venue.

Unless you are derek and only leave the house to step into the venue or theatre.

Ok, so to make you happy charc, we shall re-name this thread:

What do you EDC for work?

Anyway

Work Days

Wallet
Keys on a Carabiner
Cell phone
Mini Mag LED
Leatherman
Lockback utility knife
Pens, pencils, sharpies
6" c wrench

-Depending on what I"m doing that day I may carry-

Pin splitter
Diags
Wire Strippers
Tape measure (on person if carp heavy day, if not, in bag)

Off days:

Wallet
Keys
Cell phone
Victorinox Tinker or similar SAK

Oh, the key ring has a small Swiss army knife and LED light, so I'm never without.

Anything else I need is either in my trunk or in my bag. Any testers I own stay in my bag till needed. Most hand tools stay in the bag unless I know they will be in constant use, then they stay on my person.

And some...<insert cute, veiled, reference here>...don't realize I rarely leave the house unless it's for work. If we're not talking work, I guess it's just wallet, keys, watch, and cellphone.

gafftapegreenia--we need a clarification: Does EDC refer to work or casual? Make a wiki entry! And why would anyone care what anyone carries for casual?

Apparently, there are people out there obsessed with what people carry with them on a daily basis. They also take pride in how much stuff they can squirrel away on their person. So, EDC refers to that. Now, sometimes people like to get specific and say "what do you carry for (fill in blank)". For some people, I can see work and play being very different. However, seeing as the stage is essentially life for most of us, then that is indeed where the term EDC would apply. So, in short, EDC is the items you have on you most often, work related or not.

I guess I have a couple obscure items I carry around that nobody else does.

• Greenlee Non-Contact Voltage Detector
  • Greenlee GT10 Polarity Cube
  • Silver & Black Sharpies
  • MacGyver Screwdriver
  • Multimeter
  • Laser Tape Measure
  • 6pc Mini-Screwdriver Kit
  • 6" C-Wrench & 8" Autowrench
  • MiniMag
  • Pocket Knife
  • Multitool
  • LED headlamp
  • Portfolio w/
    • Personal calendar for the next 3 months
    • Notebook
    • Business cards of other people
    • Few dozen of my business cards
    • Bink's Audio Test CD
    • Project-essential paperwork

Speaking of which, if anybody doesn't have a non-contact voltage detector, I strongly advise getting one. You can hold it up to a cord or an outlet and immediately know if it's engerized or not. I can rule out poor connector wiring or dimmer issues when certain lights aren't coming on, and tell if it's a lamp issue or not right away. All you have to do is point it next to a cord and it will beep if a cord, circuit, or anything else is live or not. The best part, it's cheap, under $15.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back