Your first Memory Lighting Console

first used an ETC Mirovision FX in 2004. the board was from 1992 at my high school.

This one made me smile. :) "Do you still use it?" is the question. Can you still find the micro-cassettes??

It hasn't been out of it's case in 15 years. I have 2 of the digital to analog boxes for it, to control 24 dimmers each, but nobody uses 0-10v control, and the digital isn't DMX.

Something makes me think the console wants to be in Middleton, WI.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember but I am 99% sure that it was a Strand Tempus M24.
It was a good desk for it's time.

UPDATED: Name that lighting console | Backstage at BackstageJobs.com | Life behind the scenes…

EDIT: More information about Console#3, the Century-Izenour installation at the Goodman Theatre, Chicago, IL.
proxy.php

PDF courtesy of ship
View attachment Proposal To The Goodman Theatre Electronic Console Control.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Derek very cool read!

1989 Strand Lightboard M

BTW, What was that one that was just a crt monitor, a 10 key pad, and maybe 6? faders, with a name like Access or something?
I remember seeing Mark Bodine do an amazingly spectacular reboot during a show. Tacoma Pantages I think, 1991, the board crashed right at the end of a scene, in a planned black out, Mark deftly brought it back to life, the smooth operator he is, and the audience never knew.
That was the only show/tour I ever saw that equipment on.

Last edited:
1974, Kliegl Q-File at the Indiana University Musical Arts Center. Ours had 3-19"racks and used plaited-core memory. Later models only had 2 racks.

The first "memory" board I ever had any experience with was in the mid to late 80s. It was (I am 99% sure) a Wing brand board. It had kind of a pegboard matrix that you could do all kinds of cool chases with. The board was massive and the dimmer packs killed us on load in and load out. The matrix looked like a lightbright but with metal pins and a little resistor on them. It was by-and-far the coolest thing in the area and all the other bands HATED us. ;)

I have looked for info on the brand and have not turned up much. I heard that they were hand built outside of St. Louis someplace but...could not corroborate that story at all. The late 80s are in fact a little hazy. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back