Your first Memory Lighting Console

Strand Century Mini Palette. I am guessing late 1980's / early 90's? Still had the 5 1/4 true floppy! Sadly, we had the same board in a space in college in the 2001!

~Dave
We had 3 in town, the first in 1973, the second approximately three years later when our convention centre was added next door and the third in our local Catholic Basilica where it controlled a first generation CD80AE rack with two wall stations controlling the rack six days per week and for cleaning lights plus a portable wall station which could be located in the middle of the church to program new scenes directly into the CD80AE for special services.
The one in the Basilica had God on its side and remained fully functional, including its internal monitor, and was retained as a spare when they eventually upgraded to an ETC Express and DMX when they replaced the CD80AE's intermittently failing electronics with one of Sean Johnson's replacement electronics cages. As luck would have it, the Express succumbed to an early failure of its outboard power supply line lump causing the Basilica to dust off the Strand Mini Palette one more time.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Seriously, a Mini Palette with one screen, not a Mini Light Palette with two screens? If so you were one of the few!

ST
Yes, an original 'one-eyed' Mini Palette with a white desktop case and outputting AMX.
In my following post I went on to mention two more of the originals we had in our city, the last one was driving a CD80AE rack complete with three wall stations controlling the AE electronics directly when the console was powered down six days per week.

When the CD80's AE electronics became too intermittent and unreliable its, electronics cage was replaced with one of Sean Johnson's replacement cages and an ETC Express was purchased communicating with Sean's upgraded electronics via DMX.

Unfortunately your console's outboard line lump power supply suffered a premature failure necessitating dusting off the one -eyed monochrome Mini Palette one more time.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Lee Colortran Status 24/48. In my high school. We had an Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack or which I am now the owner of. My high school had put it up for bid quite a few years ago and I won the system and board at bid. However I currently have the system in storage as I am not using it. But never the less I have it. The one thing I first remember about using that light board was that I was using it for a battle of the bands and that I had no idea how to program it but as I tried I got all of the dimmers on the system programmed to channel 1 on the board. The high school was not happy with me it took them about half the school year to figure out how to reprogram the board so everything was back to normal. I learned my lesson to read the manual after that.

First console I ever used was ETC's Microvision FX (without a reliably functioning FX section). If I recall correctly, it had a 3 digit serial number and had a 1992 or 1993 date on it. I first used it in 2004 and got the high school to replace it with an Express 24/48 a few months before I graduated.

First console I ever used was ETC's Microvision FX (without a reliably functioning FX section). If I recall correctly, it had a 3 digit serial number and had a 1992 or 1993 date on it. I first used it in 2004 and got the high school to replace it with an Express 24/48 a few months before I graduated.
Remember it well, with its Fred Flintstone wheel.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back