Your thoughts and comments please

BillESC

I was lighting a concert at a new venue to me. This is what I saw...

Attachments

• Mathews HS.JPG
    Mathews HS.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Every single dead horse saddled. And those formed eye bolts.

But ya know, conceptually, I can understand this. Thern Brickhouse anyone? But obviously, this execution, not so much.

This is a great example of the unease I feel when people selling rigging components (in this case, floor blocks and ropelocks) by the part to whoever wants to buy them. They end up used in creations like this. Does the use of such proper equipment in an application like this make it better, or worse?

How do the load the bricks, from the top?
and how is the top and bottom connected? is the wire cage that strong?

very very strange indeed

Gym teacher:"Has anyone seen our bench weights?"

Me thinks someone took the term "bricks" a bit too literally.

So, what did other end look like?

You have to share that on the JR Clancy Facebook page.

Does the rope lock second in from the left look bent or misaligned relative to the others?

how is the top and bottom connected? is the wire cage that strong?
it looks to have small rods in each corner that i guess are welded to the bottom plate and the top oft the cage box.
as i do not see any nuts on the top corners.
can i share this?
Certainly somebody "made it work" but that somebody is likely long gone.

Last edited:
Probably easy to get finely tuned and balanced. No more of those pesky 1/2 weights you never seem to have enough of.

Now you can just throw in a couple of Quarter Pounders.

Or two.

Easy to do the math.

Or to keep the rats in. Rats make good counterweights, Right Guys?.... Guys?

I have found that it is difficult to maintain trim using rats, or any other rodent for that matter, as a counterweight. They either die and shrivel up which makes the trim batten-heavy, or breed and multiply, which makes the trim arbor-heavy. Then there's the constant gnawing and squeaking...

I have found that it is difficult to maintain trim using rats, or any other rodent for that matter, as a counterweight. They either die and shrivel up which makes the trim batten-heavy, or breed and multiply, which makes the trim arbor-heavy. Then there's the constant gnawing and squeaking...

Although it IS rather useful to mouse shackles and turn buckle.

I have to wonder if homeowners in the area have to worry about "shrinkage" of their pavers in sand walkways and terraces.

You should send it to Reid at H&H, those are his floor block/rope locks. Is there a way I can download/copy the pic to send it on??

I've seen worse and I've seen equally innovative engineering for home built counterweight systems. This is unique however.

Right click on the image, in firefox "save image as" will be one of the options that pops up. All of the other browsers will have something similar. Make sure your looking at the full size image first, not just the thumbnail in the post, if you do that to the thumbnail, all you will save is that small image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back