The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Zero 88 Jester ML

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by jufam44, Dec 10, 2007.

1. jufam44

jufam44 Member

Hey All,
    I know I'm new here, but I have a question that should be fairly easy-We're thinking of buying a Jester ML to run 7 Chauvet Mini-Legend's and a couple of MAC-250's. Would this console do the trick? And do they have an american-power supply unit? All I see is UK and French...

Thanks in advance
    -
    Max

2. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

From what I'm reading in the manual, the JesterML will definitely do what you're looking for. Also, it does accept US power (the spec sheet says 100-240VAC power, 50-60HZ, so it's got an auto-sensing power supply), and it takes up 30 watts max while running. If I remember correctly, these consoles were officially released at LDI, so you might want to check for software bugs.

3. dj_illusions

dj_illusions Active Member

My suggestion would be too keep looking aswell - Hire company gave me one for a gig after asking for another desk, I sent it back with in a few hours and asked for another desk... the bother of learning its weird idiosyncrasies was too much effort for me!

4. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Ooohh...I've got an idea...ETC Smartfade ML. They're going for $2126 right now from some dealers as well as Ebay, which from what I gather, is cheaper than the JesterML, and has much nicer software, IMO. Also, you'll be able to use SmartSoft when it comes out, which will let you use your computer as a display for the console, and edit things on the computer as well.

5. NickJones

NickJones Active Member

yeah. we got a jester 24/48. its not paricularlly awefull, but it is just annoyingly fiddley. sounds stupid but it really is. Zero 88 Lighting. Lighting Control Systems for Entertainment, Stage, Film, Television, Theatre, Schools and Drama there is a thing called "Virtual Jester" it lets you try one virtually. doesnt allways work on my laptop tho. Anyway. all the best. Have u considered using a DMX USB converter and then just a computer. could be cheaper. - and easyer, if your using a few movers.

6. TimMiller

TimMiller Well-Known Member

FYI, smart soft is already out for the smart fade consoles.

7. kenneth

kenneth Member