Bulbs are planted in the ground to grow tulips and daffodils.

For implements to theatrical lighting fixtures, see lamp.

Notice in this illustration, "bulb" refers to the outer glass envelope.
from http://www.ia470.com/primer/fixture.htm.

As a general rule, a relatively low-wattage "type A" household lamp CAN be called a bulb. Anything else, whether it be for a Fresnel, CYC Light, Ellipsoidal, Par Can, Follow Spot, Moving Light, etc - should ALWAYS be called a lamp. In some parts of the world, "globe," "bubble," and "bottle" (especially with PAR lamps, as in "spin the ___") are also used.

This page has been seen 2,285 times.

    • Created by on
      Last updated by on
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice