The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

keeper hook

Also known as a Batten Hook (by Mutual Hardware at least), an S-shaped piece of strap iron used to temporarily attach a stiffener to a Boardway flat's toggles, in order to straighten a long run of flats.
View attachment 3242

See figure 88:
View attachment 3243
Another variety provides for a 1x3 or 1x4 stiffener to be used on edge, making for a much stiffer wall. Loose-pin hinges, alternating top and bottom, are often used instead, but take more time to set-up and strike. This type of hardware is often shop-made rather than purchased, so many variations and names exist.

This page has been seen 338 times.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice