1. noun. A written document with actors portraying characters intended to be performed on a stage before an audience.
2. verb. The specific location or spike of an object used on a stage. "The Act II-Scene 4 wagon plays here, the stage manager indicated enthusiastically."
3. verb. To be accepted by an audience or community. "The musical contains a graphic sex scene. How will that play in Peoria?"
4. verb. To initiate a cue or sequence. "Press <play> on the tape deck."
This page has been seen 3,083 times.
- Created byLast updated by