an odd end of the year

Peyton

On my last school day, there was an all school assembly as usual. This time was different, in that they needed to hang something on the wall of the gym. When this is necessary, the facilities manager gets the genie from the theatre instead of the one from the janitor, solely because ours is closer. My last class was PE, so I walked by them as they were finishing up, and saw to my surprise (and frustration) that two of the legs had been taken out (probably so they could use it against the wall) and stowed in the holders while the basket was in the air. Then, the operator had lowered the basket obviously unaware that the legs were there, jamming them in place. Coming in at the end of this, I didn't see the whole situation, but I did see that they were having a heck of a time figuring out how to fix it. Unfortunately I was not able to help because my presence was needed elsewhere.
I assume they got it fixed, because I later saw our director and he didn't mention it to me. Although he might have been preoccupied, since reportedly there was water leaking into the scene shop from a pipe in the ceiling.
I'm going back tomorrow to finish up several things, and I'll see how everything is going.
To continue the saga of unfortunate experiences, I was hit in the nose at commencement by someone's airborne cap in the same place I had been hit by a frisbee two weeks prior. Fortunately this time I was not awarded a black eye. And before the ceremonies, my friend told me that her grandfather just died, changing the mood somewhat. When I got home from the grad night party, I was also informed that my grandfather had also passed.
Oh and also while at a homework bonfire a couple of days ago the power line across the street blew up in a large green explosion.

My brother runs presentations at his college, and tomorrow will be running the Western Pain Society's Annual Conference.

Last edited:
How sad to have your grandfather pass at that time. I lost mine earlier this year during the best production I'll probably experience in school.

Oh and also while at a homework bonfire a couple of days ago the power line across the street blew up in a large green explosion.

That sounds... pretty awesome. Except for the thousands of volts and all that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back