Automated Fixtures ETC Offline and Express 48/96

Bobby

If I add fixture personalities in offline and export the show, will they be saved and uploaded to the console. Does this work in reverse?

I know this is a simple question but I could not find it on the site and I would hate to get tech week and be fighting it!

Thanks guys!

I am not positive, but I don't believe personalities are saved in show files. However, it is easy enough to load the personality into the board. You can even put it on the same disk as your show file, then in personality setup just use the Load from Disk softkey. All of the focus points and such will still be there, the personality is really just how you interact with the board. It all speaks in DMX data and that will stay the same.

-Tim

If I add fixture personalities in offline and export the show, will they be saved and uploaded to the console. Does this work in reverse? ...
I've never had a problem going either direction. Still, it's a good idea to have the personalities available. Oddly, the only thing I've noticed that never transfers is the geographic data for the astronomical clock--that ALWAYS has to be re-entered.

I was wrong, show files do contain personalities. I was just browsing the manual today and I found this:
Show contents
Bump button status
Channel attribute settings
• Cues and their settings
Dimmer profile and proportional settings
Dimmer profile revisions
• Doubled dimmers
Encoder setup
Fixture attribute setup
• Focus points
• Groups
• Link lists