Express Cleaning

techno89

First time using my school's Express since last year and it looks like someone had taken the cover off and left it off over at least parts of summer because there was crap all over it when I when to get it for the first time. Anyway some of the keys were acting odd and not working right, I blew on them and they worked but I wanted to know how to go about cleaning the whole thing. Should I just blow compressed air into under the buttons and let it be? Should I remove the buttons and than blow air? Should I take the board apart (is that easy enough?) and clean the whole thing out? Opinions?

Thanks Everyone!
-Scott

Honestly don't know, some dust and some white looking dirt, it was odd, but no liquids or grease or things like that.

Odds are the "white dirt" is drywall dust or something like that. Take a vaccum to the console first, its always best to get dust out the same way it went in. If the problem is still happening, might be time to call ETC and have it sent up there for cleaning. I want to say that every button on that console is sealed, so there could be larger issues.

Odds are the "white dirt" is drywall dust or something like that. Take a vaccum to the console first, its always best to get dust out the same way it went in. If the problem is still happening, might be time to call ETC and have it sent up there for cleaning. I want to say that every button on that console is sealed, so there could be larger issues.
I agree the "white dust" is either drywall or masonary dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back