Greetings from a new member

Howdy,

I'm a new member from right here in Portland Oregon, unless this site is run from anywhere else. In that case it's: I'm a new member from Portland, Or. I'm a drama teacher in sw pdx and have been for the past 15 and 1/2 years.

I must admit I come to this site with an ulterior motive. We just purchased 2 travelers for our auditorium (and 4 legs!). It was needed because the old ones were in tatters. It only took myself and the choir teacher about 10 years to raise the funds!

Anyhow, the dude that I thought was going to help us hang these travelers has gone AWOL. So now here I am with 2 new beautiful travelers (and 4 legs!) sitting in their original packaging (I hung the legs).

Is there anyone with the technical expertise who can help? We pay! Thanks and Nice to be here...

First off - welcome!

As far as answering your question, it can be easy or more difficult, depending on your situation.

Can you provide details about your space, particularly how the traveler rail is hung (ie: dead hung or fly system and loading bridge or not, etc.)

As far as attaching the new drapes, they should have arrived with s-hooks to attach and close.

My first concern would be safety, as changing that much weight on a fly bar can be quite dangerous if you do not know how to approach it. With a dead-hung situation, an equally dangerous situation might occur from balancing that high on whatever lift system is used up while pulling the weight of the drape. You would be correct to hire in either case.

My first suggestion would be to contact the vendor who sold the drapes and ask who they recommend.

Send a PM to @Van . If you don't get a response let me know. He is in your area and would be able to get you squared away.

Thomas, Give me a yell < Message on here or van mcqueen on Facebook> I'm sure I could find some time to give you a hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back