IEC C13/14

StradivariusBone

Custom Title
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
I'm trying to clean up the stage at our church who purchased a bunch of ADJ uplighting a few months back. The lights have power through, but use IEC C13/14 instead of the more prevalent PowerCON to send to the next unit. I'd never researched this before, but I've had no luck in finding C13/14 cable ends. I ended up finding appropriate length patch cables, but was still curious if it's possible to make your own cables (or even repair a damaged connector) by purchasing your own terminations.

You can certainly buy a spool of power cable, the connectors, and brew your own cables.

My recommendation would be to forego the pass-through cables altogether. They're specialized cables at fixed lengths that are rendered useless if you change the distance between units, replace the lights with something else, or decide to use the lights somewhere else. You'll want to do the cost comparison yourself of one option or the other, but in this scenario I prefer running something like a Lex E-String and plugging each of the lights into one cable that distributes outlets every 5' or 10' or so. The cable is useful for other applications, gives you room to change the spacing between fixtures, and if you have an open outlet on the cable, you can plug something else on your stage into it like it was normal wall receptacle.

MCM Electronics:
http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?cataf=&view=list&w=IEC+connectors&x=0&y=0
proxy.php
proxy.php

The E-String cable looks very cool, but part of this process is to get our LED's off the same circuits as our backline. Knowing our musicians like I do, this would simply become another outlet to plug their stomp boxes into. I will have to remember that company for future applications though.

Thanks for the link John, that's exactly what I was searching for!

Check out Stayonline.com, who have every type of cable known to man, including IEC cables in most ends, colors, and turns, and 1 foot increments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back