LED fixtures via dimmerpack

ursulaboy

well it's pretty straight forward. since most of the power to the truss is provided via a dimmerpack and we want more LED fixtures, is it possible for us to power the LED fixtures by plugin them into the dimmerpack. I don't need to dim them via the pack I would just put the pack on max power and use the LED fixture. Is this possible or am I just stupid.

we have a zero 88 betapack 3 and I am from the netherlands if it makes a difference.

It is destructive to plug non-dimming units (i.e. power supplies, movers, etc) into dimmers [even when said dimmers are at 100% output]

Parking a dimmer at full still outputs the modified Sinewave that will damage solid stage gear, motors, transformers and other such gear. Depending on your dimmers you can get Relay modules or Constant Circuit modules which would output pure unmodified AC.

Don't do it unless you want to lose your fixtures down the line.

Bad news. As said, either a true non-dim relay pack/module (as in relays that go "Click") or a constant current module (plate of metal with circuit breakers) are your only choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back