Lock Lumanet Stations

Nelson

In our auditorium, we have Lumanet stations for houselight and worklight control. House and works can also be controlled by DMX. At the entrance to the house, we have a two-button Lumanet station that controls the house lights. In the control room, we have a Lumanet station with eight soft keys and an LCD display. When the system was first installed, I seem to recall that the rep showed us how we could press a key combination on the Lumanet station in the control room that would prevent people from using the two-button stations in the house that control our house lights. With this feature, the house lights could only be controlled by the control room Lumanet station or by DMX until unlocked.

Does anyone know what the key combination is to lock the two-button stations? Or am I completely "out in left field" on this one? Was locking stations something I'm just imagining?

If locking stations is not possible, would it be a good idea to just turn the power off to the Lumanet system? Since we can control all of the lights using DMX on our console, we don't need to use the Lumanet stations during a performance.

During shows, we only ever control the house lights with our console. We would rather people not be able to control the house lights from the house. Invaribly someone, intentionally or accidentally, bumps the house light button at the worst moment of the show!

Whatever button combination it was, most likely it was an install-specific one set up by the programmer, probably not a standard feature. So, you may be able to contact the people who put it in and ask about it.

As for powering down the system, I'd feel safer putting a locked cover over the "problem" button station. There's no way to know what else (like emergency lighting) might be affected if you shut off the entire system.

I will see if I can contact the installer. Their Web site has disappeared and I believe I heard that they went out of business, but its still worth a shot. If they truly have disappeared, would Leviton have our installation/programming records on file?

Otherwise, I will take your advice and just cover the buttons. We have simply gaff taped pop bottle caps over the buttons in the past. Tacky, but functional.

LOCKOUT
Any 400CP may be disabled from operation with a remote key switch or other contact closure. Several Luma-net
panels of the same version may be connected to the same contacts in parallel as long as polarity is maintained.
Closing the contact will prevent connected panels from operating, regardless of button presses.
Luma-net panels may also be locked out by causing a switch to disconnect the +15V supply to the panels.
400CP REMOTE CONTROL PANEL
Software Revision 3.00, Version C LEDS
NSI

Source:

Luma-Net® 400 CP Series > Controls > Theatrical Equipment > Commercial Lighting > All Products from Leviton Electrical and Electronic Products

Edit: I read the programming of our stations, and apparently, the lockout capability was removed at some point. However, it wasn't too difficult to reprogram the stations in question so that we could lock them out. I programmed a "lockout" toggle button on the primary station that sends a softlock signal to the stations that I want to be able to lock out. Then, on those stations, I programmed them so that they are locked out when they receive the softlock signal. Works very well!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back