Control/Dimming Looking for LMI 48-rack repair parts

Sam C.

We recently discovered one of the fans in our 48-rack had seized and we weren't able to get it moving again, so we're looking for a replacement part. The motor was made by the brinkley motor company out of Arkansas, but even though it seems the company is still in business it doesn't seem like they deal with non-vendors (no contact info to be found).

Has anyone else had to replace one of these motors? If so, was there a specific part to use or did you improvise? I haven't contacted ETC yet to see if they have any suggestions, I wanted to see if the community had any ideas.

So we ended up removing the motor and buying a replacement in a Broan fan motor that we found on amazon. It's got all the same specifications (1550 rpm, .8 amps, 3.3" dia. and 2.25" tall), so I will update if this is an effective replacement. In the meantime we were able to get the squirrel wheel off. There is a hex screw along the flat part of the shaft. The shaft was sort of crimped at the top so we filed it down and gave it some encouragement with a hammer and a 1/4" bolt.

So we ended up removing the motor and buying a replacement in a Broan fan motor that we found on amazon. It's got all the same specifications (1550 rpm, .8 amps, 3.3" dia. and 2.25" tall), so I will update if this is an effective replacement. In the meantime we were able to get the squirrel wheel off. There is a hex screw along the flat part of the shaft. The shaft was sort of crimped at the top so we filed it down and gave it some encouragement with a hammer and a 1/4" bolt.

Well, I would highly recommend the specific part for the rack, since this is a cooling and safety component. ETC still carries them [ETC part number B109] and we had them custom made to spec and stocked for folks that need them. While you may have found a fan that can fit or be made to fit, don't forget that there are other specs that need to be met including CFM and static pressure [inches of water].

Let us know if we can help.

David

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back