Mixers/Consoles Makeshift Intercom

I was using a wedge monitor as a backstage announcer thing. Anyway the show's closed. Everything is cleaned up

I'm not an experienced professional. I am a mere High School student and I am still learning. But while we are on the topic of Intercoms, can anyone recommend a brand? I'm looking into ClearCom because I heard it's good, but is there any other (especially anything cheaper!?!)
Cool. As you may have noted, several of the responses think you were looking for either intercoms, a way to interface intercoms with a loudspeaker, or (as I presumed) you needed a back stage announce. That's why I asked to have it explained to me, as I suspected the nomenclature was interferring with actual communication.

So, did you have any luck finding the console manual? For being 20 years old the M300/M400 series of mixers were feature rich; today we get prettier UIs. I had a client that owned an M300 system and IIRC that's the only time I've used one but I was pleasantly surprised at its capabilities.

Good luck with your next show!

An ISO file is a bootable disc image file that can be written directly to hard disc/memory. Apple calls them DMG files.

I'd second @jtweigandt suggestion to find a Linux Nerd collaborator and see what Mumble can do for you.

Cool. As you may have noted, several of the responses think you were looking for either intercoms, a way to interface intercoms with a loudspeaker, or (as I presumed) you needed a back stage announce. That's why I asked to have it explained to me, as I suspected the nomenclature was interferring with actual communication.

So, did you have any luck finding the console manual? For being 20 years old the M300/M400 series of mixers were feature rich; today we get prettier UIs. I had a client that owned an M300 system and IIRC that's the only time I've used one but I was pleasantly surprised at its capabilities.

Good luck with your next show!
Yes, I'm sorry. I see how my erroneous use of Intercom may have led you to the wrong conclusion.

Surprisingly, unlike most of the thing in the theater, the manual for this was in an appropriate and easy to find location

Users who are viewing this thread

Back