New big shiny MagicQ console from ChamSys announced

They had been sitting on the Hog2 ergonomics for way to long. Nice to see people can start leaving their 2x4 blocks at home.

Ah yes, agreed. Well due for a revamp. I guess the important thing is to not try and design something that is too self-conciously "modern" because those things tend to date real quick. I have a feeling that Avolites did this with the new Sapphire. But then I always like the black woody ones :)

Well, as far as I know, ChamSys hardware director George McDuff designed the Hog 2, so there is some legacy there.

The Hog2 Hardware was designed by Nick Archdale one of the founders of Flying Pig Systems and the later Carralon / Pharos and Brompton Technology. At that time I was designing the Icon console for Light and Sound Design (LSD Icon Desk photo - Paul Pelletier photos at pbase.com for those with no idea what I am talking about)........ in the same building though.

I did a small amount of hardware design work for Flying Pig Systems on the Hog 3 as a contractor.

George McDuff

Hmmm despite what I actually practice I believe one should be gear agnostic. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from using a Chamysis a few years back on a one off ESPN boxing gig I did. It was the most glitchy OS I have ever used. I will check it out if I have a chance, I doubt it will want me to steer away from a Grand MA.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with a ChamSys desk. This is very unusual and I have found that their consoles are the most stable of any. I have used the desks and wings in all kinds of situation and they are always rock solid. I have however had a GrandMA2 fall over at the end of a programming session, but I am sure that this is a very unusual thing to happen and probably an isolated event.

I got all the other slider pics, just not that one. Refresh didn't help.

Might you have had it cached, James?

Sent from my SPH-L720

They all show up for me as well and I've never been to the page before

Via tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back