Old style Tit Out twist "legal"

Reactions: Van
So a Nema 5-15 is a PBG (parallel blade plus ground), but couldn't you also consider a Nema 5-20 to also be a PBG (perpendicular blade plus ground)? There, that's my 2 cents worth (or my dog in this catfight).

I do find it amusing that in the theater world (maybe film and TV as well) we call a 5-15 an “Edison”, yet nobody in the trade electrical world knows what that is, they call it “household” connectors.

Last edited:
I do find it amusing that in the theater world (maybe film and TV as well) we call an 5-15 an “Edison”, yet nobody isn’t the trade electrical world knows what that is, they call it “household” connectors.
That is because in a household, the "Edison" is the norm. Same thing with the Edison base on a lamp.
In the stage world, it's the odd man out as the "norm" would be the stage pin connector.

I cannot see an electrical inspector approving reinstallation of the old raceways.
Not only are the connectors no longer legal, the raceway assembly itself has to be acceptable and bear an approval label. The chance of original labels being in place and still acceptable are slim.
Establish a good relationship with the inspector and electrical contractor and the odds of it going your way are improved.
Did a renovation recently and left 20 year old wiring in one room completely alone because it would not pass under current code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back