Automated Fixtures Replacing Moving Light Gobos

erico3456

I am looking into getting a gobo for a projection effect I need in a upcoming show. I would be getting a steel gobo from Apollo and I was wondering if it is possible for me to place this gobo in a Martin Mac 250 en if I take out one of the standard gobos. I have tried to figure this out from the 2 companys and can't seem to see whether or not. Let me know what you think, thanks.

The Entour/Krypton you can replace the gobos on. I believe you can on the 250+ but I don't know/remember if the original 250 has replaceable gobos. I would imagine so. You can't order direct from Apollo, but just call Bill with the correct gobo # and what fixture it goes into and you'll have it in a couple days.

Give your local lighting shop a call, they can order it for you. You can change the gobos in a Mac250, its pretty easy to do. Its a simple ring that pops out, set the new gobo in, and ring goes back in. I believe it is the same on the entours, I was working with a Krypton.

I'm going to be doing the exact same thing in just a few hours! The Mac 250 has a really nice user manual online that goes into some pretty nice detail on how to remove and replace both the static and rotating gobos.

Have fun!

If you don't feel comfortable chaging the gobos check out the smartMac changing gobos is a lot easier.
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back