Shure ULX Issue

sarahsliefie

We have a set of 12 Shure ULX Wireless belt pack mics. they work great and I have never had a problem with them. but just today we plugged in a battery and the screen turned green and the battery light came o red as they always do but it never went further. normally the battery light turns green and the belt pack display starts reading stats. I tried other good batteries restarting the receiver and pack, but nothing is working. any idea what the issue is?

Did you try to see if the mic was transmitting or not? If it is, could just be a screen issue. You also might want to check the 2 tiny ribbon cables in the circuit board. Due to what we put a transmitter through during normal use, some time they work themselves loose.

~Dave

I had the awesome job of repairing my fair share of ULX's this summer...the most common thing to go on those units is the screen, if you give the area around the screen a good press down the screen contacts should connect and it should work again.

I know it is not transmitting It seams like the pack is just stuck in boot up. I am going to be opening it up Monday. I will let you know what I find.

Sorry for boosting a necro-post, but what was the solution on this? I have a ULX that is doing the same thing (a ULX1-M1). When I pop is open, there aren't any ribbon cables to check. To circuit boards are mated by a pin connector that I have reseated. Mic was functional with no issues, and now all batteries give a red indicator, with no Group/Channel display.

I'm bumping this post up again because this is an increasingly common problem with our aging ULX systems and I would love to know the solution. My predecessor sent several out for repair for this, but I'd like to try to save some money and fix them myself. I'm comfortable taking them apart, but I don't know enough to diagnose where the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back