Socapex and breakout resources

not talking about cable assemblies, talking about the boxes (and other power distribution stuff places like that company sell).

I know somefolks get concerned with this, personally I look at it similar to a situation where I would have an electrician install a connector and sockets into a box, the components are going to be ul listed, but the "solution" is not going to be.

Sharyn

I know somefolks get concerned with this, personally I look at it similar to a situation where I would have an electrician install a connector and sockets into a box, the components are going to be ul listed, but the "solution" is not going to be.

Sharyn

once its portable, an electrician installing listed components into a box isnt good enough -that only applies to work done on buildings (electricians are limited there as well, for example control panels) There are several jurisdictions (Los Angeles and Las Vegas being a couple off the top of my head) where everything has to be listed. The only things that dont seem to be an issue are cables with field installed connectors.

Oh well the joys of it all
I am more familiar where the inspectors are more understanding of custom designed systems where they might ask you to open it up and look at it
Sharyn

Oh well the joys of it all
I am more familiar where the inspectors are more understanding of custom designed systems where they might ask you to open it up and look at it
Sharyn

I guess it mainly depends on where you are. I remember when we all used to make our own power distros by putting a circuit breaker panel on a piece of wood along with 4S boxes full of duplex receptacles. Cant do that anymore :)

More and more of the major cities are requiring a UL listing (I believe this is a good thing -I keep seeing some pretty scary stuff that the owner / operator thinks is just fine) I know of someone who had major trouble at an event for using pinspots that werent listed -they had to take all their pinspot bars down right before the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back