Strand board issues

I have a Strand Lighting MX board that is giving me alot of problems right now. Most of it is bearable, but lately it has been powering down for no reason for a couple seconds at a time. Clearly, it isn't gonna ruin things too badly, however, it is highly unnerving. Are these boards known for this at all, and how can I go about fixing it without spending a ton of money?

Does the board come straight back on again afterwards?
If so my first port of call would be to get a new power supply,

It's a commen problem with the later strands such as yours and the 200 series!

Any problems you can PM me or post below!

I had an issue with a GSX a few years back that would do this. Turned out the power switch was bad. I had to open the board up and remove the power switch and solder the circuit closed. It worked and kept the console running, I think it is still in use.

I had an issue with a GSX a few years back that would do this. Turned out the power switch was bad. I had to open the board up and remove the power switch and solder the circuit closed. It worked and kept the console running, I think it is still in use.

Very true. It's the crappy build quality from CK, the manufacture of the switch in question which plagues MX' sand GSX's. I think I still have one in stock right now. ALso, the power connection get's highly abused in the MX and you can actually break loose a solder tab, much like in many laptops. This is the reason the GSX included the option of using a PowerCon connector.

Cheers,

Maurice Garcia
dimmer.com Home Page
Save My CD-80 Home Page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back