Design Trigger Cue With On Stage Action

DMxLR

Well here goes my inevitable "long time listener, first time caller" type post, I am hoping to reap some insight on a challenge I have recently encountered for an upcoming gig.

A camp facility I work at in the summers is looking to have their weekly party be a game-show based theme and a part of that is of course having a set piece featuring two buttons for head to head games (think Family Feud style console). Anyway, they want the set pieces to react to whichever side wins the button press by turning that team's color or something along those lines. Someone has already made the unit and I am being asked to adapt it more or less to our purposes for as little as possible (as always). So how would you do it? I have had MIDI suggested and I think that may very well be the way to go however I am not versed is how to do something along those lines.

For Reference:
The Set piece is centered around a fairly robust relay system which illuminates a small beacon for either side and I have been told there are spare contacts available on that relay if I want them.
My console is a GrandMA Full Size so that gives you an idea of what inputs I have to work with.

Thank you for any suggestions/tips

check out in the manual the analog remote (REMOTE INTPUT SETUP) there is 25 pin on the back of the console that can be set ut for what ever you want

I Looked into the analog input option which I was really interested in re-purposing for my needs, however there was a desire for things to come together quickly so I had to revert to a more off the shelf approach. As it stands at the moment the plan is to go with what I have diagrammed below, I will update this thread if this comes to fruition (client decision in the next 2 weeks). Any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.
SignalFlowDiagram-2TeamConsole.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back