Wireless DMX and groups?

David Low

Hi all,
New to using wireless DMX and so far using only one group it has been great. However I haven't had the time/chance to test it on multiple groups. I am (and probably with great folly) thinking maybe I can use my TX/RX unit like an opto splitter? Seems too good to be true, but according the the manual seems like it can be done...?
Thoughts?

Hi David. Which system are you using? By group, do you mean DMX universe?

Please pardon the self-indulgence, but I have to tell you that I designed our RC4Magic systems (Series 3 is the latest) to provide perfect data security between multiple wireless universes. They can be your universes, but they can also be universes being operated by others nearby. Every RC4 user and project is assigned unique digital IDs that are never duplicated, your IDs are only yours. This means there is no way for somebody else's system to interfere with yours, no matter how they configure their devices. At least 12 universes, and often more, will work in the same physical space, approximately a 300 foot range. Get outside that range, and you can do the whole thing over again (12+ more universes).

Jim
RC4 Wireless
www.theatrewireless.com
www.wirelessdimming.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back