Control/Dimming 4 Pin Male to 4 Pin Male

LXPlot

Today, while cleaning out the booth, I found and old gray XLR 4 Pin cable with Switchcraft connectors. This wouldn't have bothered me, except it seemed to have male connectors on both ends. After talking with a few people, I received a suggestion that it was a screw up by the makers, an old connector used for something proprietary of some sort, or my theatre teachers answer of "We don't want it"

The only difference between each end is one end has the typical "A" between the 4 Pins while the other has a "C" The cable is about 25 feet long if that helps at all.

Does anybody here know what this might be for?

Last edited:
Today, while cleaning out the booth, I found and old gray XLR 4 Pin cable with Switchcraft connectors. This wouldn't have bothered me, except it seemed to have male connectors on both ends. After talking with a few people, I received a suggestion that it was a screw up by the makers, an old connector used for something proprietary of some sort, or my theatre teachers answer of "We don't want it"

The only difference between each end is one end has the typical "A" between the 4 Pins while the other has a "C"

Does anybody here know what this might be for?

Sound as though you've uncovered an old " daisy chain " cable for linking data outs/ins on old but later model Strand Lighting CD-80 packs. I believe they eventually
gave up on the dreaded mini XLR toward the end of the eighties and went to the full size 4 pin until giving up on AMX entirely at some point after...........

It is possible that it could be some kind of frankensteined cable for a comms system. XLR-4 is commonly used for headsets, and some systems pin/gender differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back