40' Free standing trade show hardwall

Bml11803

I need to build a big u shape freestanding wall in a convention center. 40' long x 8' high and then the 2 ends will come out like a u and be 14 to 16' long x 8' high. What is the best way to build this and it needs to be sturdy of course and not fall over. Also, cost effective. I will be hanging 18 x 24" picture frames and lite mirrors on it. Please help! Unsure what materials to use, it needs to be painted and the best way for it is look seamless without having to seem all the walls.

I have 1 and a half days to load it in so I will need to do some prep before hand.

Thank you

1. See this thread http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/scenery-props-rigging/23190-free-standing-walls-tradeshows.html for some ideas on a similar project.

2. Once when I did something similar I had some cube display stands that butted into the walls every so often. These were attached to the walls, filled with sand bags and acted as jacks.

3. I'd consider working in the seams as a design element rather than trying to be seamless.

4. If you need to be seamless, I'd consider some of the aluminum and stretch fabric off-the-shelf options from the big exhibit companies. Or do build something yourself that involves stretching fabric over a structure.

Consult your nearest Trade Show Production house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back