Advice for first larger show

indigo7us

Hi there,

I have recently been hired by an up and coming country artist to run sound for an event where about 10-15,000 people will be in attendance, thus far most of my shows have been in the 700- 2,000 audience size range.

I am looking for any advice regarding running a show of this size. An sound company will be supplying the lighting and sound rig, so as far as that goes, I know I will be getting a capable system (I should be getting the specs in a couple of days), so I'm looking more for advice regarding issues that arise from a larger scale show.

I know the sound of the band very well and have mixed them many times.

Any words of wisdom or other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Devin

Best advice is to be relaxed and have fun. If you know the music you will be fine, make sure you know the console and bring your own headphones so you know what they sound like. Don't be lured into using mics that you have never used before, that 57 on the snare sounds the same thru a big PA also. Don't be afraid of the system tech and ask questions if you have them, in particular if it is a console you don't know well.

The more info you can share and can get up front the better ... Input sheets, stage plots, light plots, power requirements, spec mics, consoles, etc. Come with show files for consoles or ask sound company to have it built if it's their console. The sound company is more than likely eager to help out just to make their day easier and their name is on the line too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back