Anne Valentino--"A Career in Control"

@STEVETERRY - many thanks for organising this, it was a real insight into how consoles are developed, and why the way some things are.
I was also interested to see that no one was afraid to tell it how it was, warts and all !
I was saddened though to hear Anne say that her biggest regret was there are not more women in those R&D / Product roles. I don't know what the ratios are at ETC but I do hope that they are leading the industry in this area as they do in so other fields, including corporate employee involvement.
I also hope you can arrange more talks along these lines, as it always fascinating to hear how a product was/is developed, as much as what it does or how many widgets its got.

All the best,
Richard

@STEVETERRY - many thanks for organising this, it was a real insight into how consoles are developed, and why the way some things are.
I was also interested to see that no one was afraid to tell it how it was, warts and all !
I was saddened though to hear Anne say that her biggest regret was there are not more women in those R&D / Product roles. I don't know what the ratios are at ETC but I do hope that they are leading the industry in this area as they do in so other fields, including corporate employee involvement.
I also hope you can arrange more talks along these lines, as it always fascinating to hear how a product was/is developed, as much as what it does or how many widgets its got.

All the best,
Richard

Hi Richard--

Thanks so much for your comments.

The next one I have in the works is Dave Cunningham on the development of the Source 4. There are a lot of very interesting stories about that project. I'll post it here when we know the date.

Cheers,

ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back