(another) New Member in Atlanta

Wallibrox

I spent the early 80's very active in theatre and production. I then spent the next 25 years in construction as a project manager. Now that i burned out in the const. business I'm with a community Theater building sets, stages and everything else that goes with our productions. (... and loving it) .

My first question. If the Headless Horseman is chasing Ichabod Crane and I want the background to be moving instead of the actors, should i try to invent a "painted canvas on a roll" kind of device or figure out how to project a recording of moving background on a canvas. I realize that the projection path would require some creative lighting but i am limited at this production will be in a pole barn in a nature preserve (spooky).

Thanks,

Glad to be a part of the community

Welcome to the booth. Ask your question again in the Scenery forum, as many members don't always read the New Member board.

My first question. If the Headless Horseman is chasing Ichabod Crane and I want the background to be moving instead of the actors, should i try to invent a "painted canvas on a roll" kind of device or figure out how to project a recording of moving background on a canvas. ...
Pretty sure the Italians beat you to that idea about 1700 or so. Provided the background is not too large, I'd try the endless loop. I'm guessing the background wants to be trees in silhouette? Fairly easy to paint and no discernible landmarks. As a new member, one thing many will tell you is to use the search feature: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/scenery/5758-scrolling-backdrops.html . Feel free to add to that thread, or start a new one if circumstances warrant. I'd also try to work in a treadmill. I've always wanted to build a treadmill, since Annie.

There are a few of us in Atlanta. Which Theatre Co do you work with?

I'm mostly in Cobb Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back