Antari HZ-300 Noise level?

theatre4jc

Thinking of purchasing an Antari HZ-300 for a 2,500 seat House of Worship. Band based services with an average FOH db level of around 90db during music, with obvious peaks above that. We have about 15 mins per service where speaking happens on stage while the hazer would be on, plus random plays and musicals where the hazer would be on for atmosphere. It's a much smaller room than 2,500 seat sounds with the back wall being 100' from back stage and hazer is in the room with everything. Noise level is a concern. Would be switching from an Ultratec Radiance. Currently we have been receiving a lot of complaints about the "cloud" of haze on stage. Even though we have been using haze in the services for about 7 years and have had the same level of output for 4 years we are just now getting these complaints. Hence the desire to switch to an oil based with a finer particle output. But I'm timid about the noise volume for our audio recordings.

Anyone know a db level for this unit?

Dont know a DB level, but they are 3x louder and 100x messier for about 2/3 the output of the Radiance.

Have you tried using a fan (other than the built in one) or a home made dispersal box to get better dispersion of the haze?

You always have the best hazer on the market (IMHO) don't know why you would want to downgrade to the Antari. If you HAVE to go a different route, then the DF50 is really the only other option (and it is twice as loud and 10x messier than the Radiance).

Mike

Personally I would go with an Mdg hazer if you want something quiet. They are very reliable and carry a 5 year warranty. I used the regular version and not the ho but i never had an issue with it not putting out enough haze. Now the downside. It runs off of co2 or nitrogen so having access to a place to refill your tank may be an issue, though I have borrowed co2 tanks from concession stands when in a pinch but if you have a local welding supply or a company such as air gas it's not an issue. They are almost completely silent and when I have had problems with the unit the support staff are always more than willing to help and troubleshoot. They will also send you just the component and step you through repair rather than shipping the whole unit if a repair is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back