Anyone know what day today is?

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
1. Veterans Day formerly Armistice Day. (Modern usage has eliminated the apostrophe, to lessen/remove confusion/distinction between Veteran's and Veterans'--just like gaffers tape, and Caesars Palace.)

2. The anniversary of the birth of the creator of The Gafftaper Method.

3. 11.11.11 = 63 base-2, provided my dipswitch calculator is correct and 1 (not zero) is the first valid address.

4. The day that ControlBooth attained over 15,000 [Fifteen Thousand and no/100] members!

Thus,
Thank you.
Happy Birthday!
Yippee, 63!
Welcome 15,000!

As applicable. Mileage may vary. Not available in all states. Kids, get your parents' permission before calling.

EDIT: Also, http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/...r-11-2011-And-a-Metaphysics-Experiment-111111

Last edited:
The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month 1918. The time when the fighting ended. The "Official" end to WWI came when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919.

To All who have served, Thank You! To my brothers and sisters in arms, Semper Fi and Welcome Home.

For more history
http://www1.va.gov/opa/vetsday/vetdayhistory.asp

Last edited:
Veterans Day (our heartfelt thanks to all who do and have served) and Nigel Tufnel Day! "The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and..."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its also Arcane Mage day.... #nerdjokes4tw

Veteran's Day

While some may be celebrating 11/11/11 as heavy metal day (thanks to Spinal Tap), I would like to thank our veterans for their service. I also pray that some day we no longer need your service, but then I live in a happy world.

So thank you MPowers and others for the sacrifices that you have made.

Last edited:
November / eleven / two thousand & eleven
Did I write that correctly?
Almost!;) There's no "&". Earlier this century it was "twenty oh one" or "two thousand and one--'a space odyssey'". From here on out it's "twenty eleven" and so on. To see (technically hear) what sounds more properer, just substitute 19 for 20 and follow the same rulz we used a hunnert years ago. "Nineteen hundred and eleven" sounds peculiar, no? Although it may be acceptable if used for colorful effect, similar to "Four score and seven years ago." (I tried to tell Mr. Lincoln, "no one uses 'score' for twenty anymore," but he was one, the only one?, of the intelligent Republicans; thought he knew better. And to think he presented that speech without a teleprompter. close parenthesis

Personally, I'm bummed that "graduate of Gary Conservatory, Gold-Medal Class of twenty aught five" never caught on, but it's too late for that now.:(
Also November eleven comma space 2011 or November eleventh nocomma space 2011 end of sentence period.

new parahraph
Oh, wait; I'm done.:rolleyes:

Almost!;) There's no "&". Earlier this century it was "twenty oh one" or "two thousand and one--'a space odyssey'". From here on out it's "twenty eleven" and so on. To see (technically hear) what sounds more properer, just substitute 19 for 20 and follow the same rulz we used a hunnert years ago. "Nineteen hundred and eleven" sounds peculiar, no? Although it may be acceptable if used for colorful effect, similar to "Four score and seven years ago." (I tried to tell Mr. Lincoln, "no one uses 'score' for twenty anymore," but he was one, the only one?, of the intelligent Republicans; thought he knew better. And to think he presented that speech without a teleprompter.

Lemme try again...

November / 102 / 100 score and 11 year ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back