Attaching upright Truss to Lineset

We have a scenic design with 6 upright trusses. We can thru-bolt the bottom of the truss to out deck stage. The top of the truss will land around the hight of our line set. It is a good idea to attach the top of the truss to the line set? Better than not attaching it? The truss will be 16' off the deck. Thanks
Using two clamps (1/2 couplers or even C's) and through-bolting two to each truss should add a degree of lateral, SL to SR, stability.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Are your line sets statically suspended or counter weight?

I went ahead with the wild and crazy assumption that the OP meant "Attaching upright Truss to Lineset" rather than "to Linseed", and altered accordingly. If I was in error, please let me know and I'll change it back.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with attaching the truss to your batten. If you ever wanted them to go out of sight that's how we'd all say to do it. But you want to bolt them to your deck so it seems these are always on stage for the run of the show. You did NOT mention base plates or guy lines or anything else to stabilize your 16' upright truss, just that you can through bolt them to your deck. So to answer the specific questions; yes, it is better to attach the top of the truss to your batten than to not attach it to anything at all. However, like others have already said, a spot line from the grid is the most common and best practice solution for this problem. Bonus points for creating a three point bridle to really constrain movement, but I think most people would agree that one line is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back