Audacity Funkiness

Chris Chapman

Hey, I'm running into a weird issue on the 12.6 version of Audacity. Is it just me or is this a bug, or what?

After I edit a file, then I save it, and export as a WAV file. The Wav file will sometimes have sections with no audio in it, that reflect the edits.

When I reload Audacity and the file that I edited, the file will show a flat line in instead of audio in the edited areas. If I export before I save, "sometimes" this doesn't creat a corrupted file.

Now the truly weird part of this is this didn't happen a couple of months ago. (The Last time I edited.) So am I forgetting something basic, or is there something else up.

BTW - OS Mac 10.3.9 (ulp, I know).

well your first problem is your using mac (no offense to mac users) but the system really has no useful fix it tools, i love audacity and have never run into a single problem with it on XP home/Pro or even on vista but it almost seems like a corrupted export codec, i would suggest a reinstall of audacity.

Duck, as a avid Mac & Windows user I'm going to ignore that comment. This is neither the place nor the forum to have this argument.

Chris, what you might want to look into is to downgrading to the Audacity version that came out with 10.3.9 because there might be some funky hardware conflict. Or as Duck said, a reinstall.

I will also ignore the Mac comment. After digging around it looks like the HD on this machine may be badly fragmented which is lending to some of the problems. I have reinstalled and gone with multiple versions and still see the problem so I am 99.9% sure it is a hardware issue on this machine.

I would recommend changing your uncompressed export format to AAC, which is more mac-oriented. WAVs are all well and good, but Mac's always had problems with them. It's in the properties menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back