Control/Dimming Backup dimming system

So I've got a GrandMA series 1 lighting board. It's definitely a complicated board and i'm not always there to make sure lights are on. Our maintenance crew and even some other unqualified techs tend to try and fidget with the board and i fear they'll mess something up.

Anyone know of an item or items that can work as a lighting controller (like a wall mount) and output preprogrammed scenes, but only when the lighting board is off??

Now i found this one:
http://www.dfd.com/p10a.html

Anybody know its reliability. Price is a factor in my decision so if there is something of equal quality or better and cheaper, i'd love to know.

Thanks guys!!
Justin

Doug Fleenor has a solid reputation for building quality products. There are lots of DMX architectural solutions out there with varying degrees of quality and reliability.

The solution to "only when the lighting board is off" requirement depends on the dimmer rack. So what type of dimmer rack does this venue have?

The solution to "only when the lighting board is off" requirement depends on the dimmer rack. So what type of dimmer rack does this venue have?

As long as the Preset 10 is in the DMX chain between the console and the dimmers, it will not function/output DMX when there is DMX on the line from the console. I know of lots of these in Houses of Worship, and similar spaces, where you need a simple solution for the times when a tech is not available but you don't want someone accidentally turning all of the lights on during a service/performance/presentation. For this application I might suggest the portable version and simply locate it near the console where these user can easily find it.

Best,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back