Basic video fades with Qlab

bevett

I'm a director doing a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm using some video in the production and Qlab seems to be the best solution for presenting it. I'm using V. 2.2.6.

I'm trying to do some very simple things - animate some fade ins and fade outs and crossfades.

I've managed to figure out the fade out (I think), but I can't make the fade in work. I've put the animation cue in front of the cue I want to fade in, and played around with the opacity, but it doesn't seem to work.

And I have no idea how to do a cross fade.

I've had no luck finding any sort of How To guide for Qlab online. Can anybody tell my how to do these simple things, or point me to a site with decent How Tos? I'm usually pretty savvy with this sort of thing, but I can't seem to figure it out.

thanks!

PLEASE can you post how you figured it out? I've got the same question and can't find any information in the interwebs to help me along! I've tried a few things and been at this for hours. Any advice? How did you do it!

I got it!

Thank you SO MUCH! You've made 150 children very happy!

Disregard post from a second ago:
This is a great start! Thank you. So now I have the video crossfading, but the previous video is still playing underneath. How do I program it so that when the following video completes it's fade in the previous cue stops?

Last edited:
If you start the second video underneath the first (set the layer to a lower number), you only need one fade OUT applied to the top layer to cross-fade, and you can "stop target when done" on that cue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back