Best ways to Flush Foggers?

Chris Chapman

Hi all,

I need some new quarters for the clue bus. My admittedly old Le Maitre G100 foggers have both gone belly up, and it looks like the pumps have siezed up.

We have been getting into a better routine of flushing the foggers after every use, but I think we are missing something. Typically they get used once every 6-8 months and sit on a storage shelf in between.

My Le Maitre dealer said we should be flushing with distilled water. Does any one have any other tricks on maintaining foggers?

My budget was recently slashed so I can't afford a shiny new fogger and have to refurb the old ones.

Thanks,

Chris Chapman
TD, Greenville Performing Arts Center

I have always just ran a half gallon of distilled water through every so often. That seams to do it. I don't know if I would go messing with running compressed air or any other type of liquid through.

I would check the manual for the best way to flush the fogger. We use the Viper NT from look solutions it has been a great product and treated use very well. It tells use not to flush with water cause any remaining water will cause corrosion and rust internally and to just leave the juice in it. We are going on 4 yrs with this machine and have not had the slightest issue or even really done any maintenance to the machine.

If you haven't done so yet, run a search, I've posted at least on very extensive post on flushing, cleaning and limited repair of fogger motor/pump systems. Best bet, distilled water, really filthy? distilled water and white vinegar 50/50 mix.

I would check the manual for the best way to flush the fogger. We use the Viper NT from look solutions it has been a great product and treated use very well. It tells use not to flush with water cause any remaining water will cause corrosion and rust internally and to just leave the juice in it. We are going on 4 yrs with this machine and have not had the slightest issue or even really done any maintenance to the machine.

Yeah, I've always been told never to flush it with water. But I trust these guys... ;) for some reason.

Yeah, I've always been told never to flush it with water.

It's important to note, there's a BIG difference between what comes out of the tap in your average theatre paint shop, and a bottle of pure distilled water.

Flouride, while good for teeth, is probably not so good for foggers... And that's just the tip of what you'll find in your local water supply... :lol: Think Iron, Calcium, and who knows what other inorganic contaminents...

Last edited:
I've always flushed my foggers with distilled water, however a theatre I did a gig at a few weeks ago was shocked I used distilled water, they flushed theirs with vinegar (sounds crazy to me, as vinegar is corrosive...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back