Black face paint for Lend Me A Tenor

Nox4

Hi guys, I need to turn the face of one of my actors black for our production of Lend Me A Tenor. I live in a rather small rural village so it's difficult to get any real face paint products. Anybody got any suggestions for me? The difficult thing is that the paint needs to be applied and then removed again mid-show.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi guys, I need to turn the face of one of my actors black for our production of Lend Me A Tenor. I live in a rather small rural village so it's difficult to get any real face paint products. Anybody got any suggestions for me? The difficult thing is that the paint needs to be applied and then removed again mid-show.

Thanks,
Nick

Not commenting on anything in regards to blackface's acceptability and not knowing the show.... It used to be done with grease paint, shoe polish or burnt cork. Grease paint is a pain in the ass to get off well and quickly, burnt cork should be easy and probably able to be found even in a rural area of South Africa, assuming you can at least get wine if you can't find cork by itself.

... burnt cork should be easy and probably able to be found even in a rural area of South Africa, assuming you can at least get wine if you can't find cork by itself.

Well, in the event the burnt cork doesn't come off very easily, at least you can kick back and relax with a glass of vino!

:silenced:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back