blinders, floods, or whatever!

MrEpicX

Hi im looking for 8 light led blinders, now ive only seem to find them out of China or Germany (eurolite) and they seem to fit the bill but i dont want to possibly spend thousands in shipping and border fees.
Im sure there great products but abit much to try and return them half way across the world

anyways, any links, advice or direction would be very appreciated

To rent or to buy?

If you're renting, don't call the mfg., call whoever you'd rent from in your local area. They may not have LED, but most places have blinders. And they may be 8 lite, 9, or 12 or whatever.

Buying, go to someone you trust, and let them deal with the importation, although they might already have what you want in stock, or at least be more familiar with how to get it thru customs.

I had some LED blinders on tour with me two years ago, and the LD did not think they were a suitable replacement for the old fashioned kind just yet. Do you need the form fact of that for something specific? If not I would suggest considering something more readily available like a Martin Stagebar, or a Color Kentics Color Blaze.

To rent or to buy?

If you're renting, don't call the mfg., call whoever you'd rent from in your local area. They may not have LED, but most places have blinders. And they may be 8 lite, 9, or 12 or whatever.

Buying, go to someone you trust, and let them deal with the importation, although they might already have what you want in stock, or at least be more familiar with how to get it thru customs.

nope, im buying

I had some LED blinders on tour with me two years ago, and the LD did not think they were a suitable replacement for the old fashioned kind just yet. Do you need the form fact of that for something specific? If not I would suggest considering something more readily available like a Martin Stagebar, or a Color Kentics Color Blaze.

They just need to sit in the back and flash the audience, kinda like lil pop to the music then blind kinda thing

I read somewhere (sorry to be so vague) about a 25 light array that each lamp was individually controllable. They were on tour with coldplay I think but are generally available to purchase. That's probably the top end. As for some sort of blinder to buy, some other issues become what you have to dim it with, what power is generally available, how much rigging do you have, does it HAVE to be LED or are you thinking that an LED is less power hungry? Would just par cans work? And then there's the used market, which can have a ton more options depending on your ability to purchase quickly, or get approval, or whatever.

I read somewhere (sorry to be so vague) about a 25 light array that each lamp was individually controllable. They were on tour with coldplay I think but are generally available to purchase. That's probably the top end. As for some sort of blinder to buy, some other issues become what you have to dim it with, what power is generally available, how much rigging do you have, does it HAVE to be LED or are you thinking that an LED is less power hungry? Would just par cans work? And then there's the used market, which can have a ton more options depending on your ability to purchase quickly, or get approval, or whatever.

I believe you are thinking about the JARAG which is awesome. Midnight Hour (who is located someplace in the eastern half of Canada has a ton of them).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:

well, it seems par cans are ok but alot of rewiring and such will have to be done to make it work with dimmers, so ive been told.
so id actually much rather it be LED as the rest of our system is led (only 8 total but still) for what we want to accomplish these blinders seem to be rite up our alley.
but then again, lighting is none of our strong point and this is first phase show lighting for professional shows.

well, it seems par cans are ok but alot of rewiring and such will have to be done to make it work with dimmers, so ive been told.

You misunderstood, or the person who said that is wrong. A traditional par can is easily powered by a dimmer. The only wiring that needs be done is that the connections are all the same. They were probably talking about an LED par can, which does NOT get connected to a dimmer, as the "dimming" of the fixture is controlled internally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back