Building revolving platform from scratch

I realise there are many posts on this forum discussing revolving platforms and how to motorize them etc and forgive me if this question has been posed and answered before.

Basically, my director is putting on a production of La Ronde and would like to use platforms that can move.
As well as this he would have liked one of the platforms to have a turntable, unsure if this was possible we then discussed making the platforms revolvable.

We have an extremely limited budget, and practically no experience in construction.

Is it a practical idea to build pallets on wheels that will be able to have brakes, and hold 2 people on them while they are moved manually by stage crew?

I realise I haven't gave any specifics here, but to be honest currently I have none, but before I proceed with any more ideas I wanted a second opinion if this is practical at all.

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Lisa

Can you build set wagons that will hold two people and move, sure. If you going to do it make sure the set on it has something the hands can use to move it. If you are doing in the dark get the people off of it. A revolving unit is not simple or cheap if you mean a turntable type set. As you say there are many threads on how to do that, just remember it isn't a beginner project, it requires some decent carp skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back