CAD dwg of independent door

Hoffer

I feel like such a newbie asking this, but is there a standard method of building an independent door frame using 1" square tube steel... with applied molding, jamb thickness, and jack (?) support? Hinges go o steel or wood? Latch catch goes on steel or wood? Door shutter will be normal hollow core wooden door.

I haven't seen this particular item illustrated except in a wooden version I grew up with...

Does someone have a CAD drawing of it? Is there a standard "CADblock" for this construction like there is for the standard flat?:oops:

I usually buy a ready made steel door frame, often s/h from a salvage yard, usually about $20-30 and it's all done.

it really depends on a show, we have three independent doors built from steel square tube, each one is designed differently for where its at within the show.

Gads. I had not even thought of purchasing one. It would need to fit through the opening and sit freely not touching the flat. (so slams don't shakes the flats) I suppose the next size smaller would do the trick!

Yep. It does depend on the width and height of the hole it must fit through, and also the thickness. The jack would need to be placed for the particular sightlines.... No such thing as standard construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back