Calendar Sync

Dreadpoet

Having a singular calendar that is easy to access at a moments notice is important. Having it available for PM's, SM's, Directors, etc. is paramount. For quite some time google calendar had the answer in a free web-based calendar that anyone with clearance could access and edit on any computer so long as it had internet capability; But better than that was Google Calendar Sync which allowed users to open the calendar easily with Outlook and make edits there without need for getting online and entering passwords etc. etc. etc. So the software was quick and intuitive. Now Google has done away with Sync and anyone wanting anything close to the ways things were will need to wade through 3rd party software developers that like you to purchase their sync software only to find out that the software isn't great at all. Anyone use another Calendar software to sync google to outlook or another free online software that can sync? What solutions are you finding? I find I like bringing our calendar up in outlook as it has alot of good tools in it already, but I also like to get on any computer and see a digital copy with an entry of webaddress. Any alternative I come up with seems bulky and counterintuitive.

Well, you could check "Stay signed in" on Google? No need for entering passwords, no need for Outlook, etc...

Or, if you're dead set on Outlook - look into a Google Apps account for your organization, they're free for educational institutions, and you get your Exchange ActiveSync / Outlook Sync capabilities back.

It is also possible to set up Mozilla Thunderbird to sync and show Google Calendar that way. It does require some plugins to be installed but it is relatively simple. Although if you prefer Outlook, then this will not work :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back